We each have our own story, a personal myth constructed from the content life presents us. By questioning our connections to this narrative, we come to realize that we are not our stories. This opens the door for change and transformation.
Writing To Awaken is an intimate exploration of personal identity through expressive writing. Using targeted questions, radical truth-telling, and self-inquiry, you will explore the narratives of your life, writing honestly about your greatest challenges, deepest yearnings, secret wounds, hidden gifts, and roads less traveled. You’ll gain a deeper understanding of your storytelling self and move toward a more liberated, authentic, and awakened life. Mark’s unique, compassionate teaching style creates a welcoming atmosphere for this deeply transformative work. Designed for writers of all levels, Writing To Awaken will prompt insight, spiritual wisdom, and fresh possibilities.
Mark’s teaching focuses on the use of writing and self-inquiry as a pathway to creative excellence and personal development. He brings three decades of experience as a bestselling author, teacher, speaker, and survivor to his transformative work – helping students discover their authentic voice, and self, through a guided journey to the truth of their personal story. Through Mark’s intuitive writing prompts and dialogue, you’ll gain creative insights that guide you further into the truth of your own experience.
This workshop will lead you through a unique process of self-examination that focuses on truth-telling as a method of dispelling life myths and revealing your authentic self.
“When you tell the truth, your story changes.
When your story changes, your life is transformed.”
Studies have shown that a consistent writing practice has the ability to improve physical, mental, and emotional health. Writing to Awaken offers an exceptional opportunity for you to get in touch with your inner voice – your witness. Writers of all levels can benefit from the lessons and wisdom gained in this day-long workshop.
Workshop Fee: $175
Plus One Special: $262.50 – Bring a friend or family member for half price.
- Workshop Begins: 9:30 am.
- Morning Session: 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Lunch: 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm. We are offering a catered lunch option for an additonal cost or feel free to bring your own.
- Afternoon Session: 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Option 1: Tram / Light rail route 109 – Collins St./Spencer St. and walking route (approx. 20mins) to Shambhala Centre.
- Option 2: Bus route 235 from Victoria Markets via Queen St, Collins St & Southern Cross railway station, to Salmon St (major stop 4). Walk to Shambhala Centre (approx 1 min).
- Option 3: Bus routes 250, 251, 253 to Garden City. Leave bus at the Garden City shops (major stop 1) and walk back toward the city along Williamstown road to Salmon St for Shambhala Centre. (to Liberty service station on the corner, approx. 5 mins). Shambhala Centre is directly across Salmon St from Liberty service station, next to the National Storage.
- Free on-street parking is available in front of the Centre.